Leidos is seeking an agile Product Owner for the Systems Teams to work on a cloud integration, operations, and sustainment program (FGS-IOS). The team is involved in the standup, software deployment and maintenance of multiple cloud geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve driving the day to day priorities of the Systems teams, to include describing the tasks, providing acceptance criteria, and technical direction by closely working with various customer stakeholders. This key role will also be responsible for driving improvements to the teams and associated processes. The Product Owner will need to attend various Technical Exchange Meetings and be a liaison between the systems teams and stakeholders including the developers, internal management, and customers.
- Requires BS degree and at least 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with close customer engagement and ability to explain the technical approach and priorities of a Systems or development team
- Experience developing features and user stories to include detailed acceptance criteria
- Experience defining and managing the priorities of an Agile team
- Understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, RocketChat
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance; with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Knowledge of geospatial technologies such as ArcGIS
- Prior experience as a hands on systems engineer
- Experience understanding and removing technical and enterprise blockers
- Knowledge of IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Advanced Jira and Confluence skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently track and report status of multiple capabilities regularly (Daily)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.