The Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is seeking candidates for the position of Safety Manager. The Safety Manager will lead a team of Safety professionals to ensure safe working conditions and compliance in Antarctica, on board maritime vessels, in international gateway locations, and in our CONUS locations. This position will serve as a critical member of the mission assurance team reporting directly to the ASC Mission Assurance Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to safety, quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics
- Leads improvements to the project’s overarching safety culture, driving rigor and accountability into the development and implementation of an integrated safety management system (ISMS)
- Develops and executes strategic and tactical safety goals and initiatives
- Responsible for all aspects of the ASC safety program including, but not limited to field safety, industrial safety, occupational safety and health
- Manages the development and implementation of safety and health procedures, processes, and training to address applicable OSHA regulations and customer safety requirements, and consensus standards such as, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards
- Manages the coordination of qualitative and quantitative monitoring of all workplace environments
- BS degree in a biological, physical, or safety science related field
- 12 years of related experience; 5+ years of direct experience managing individual contributors and “hands on” experience designing and implementing EH&S processes, procedural documentation, and training
- Significant Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) experience
- Familiarity with relevant standards (ISO, OSHA, NFPA, etc.)
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Construction safety experience, including multi-story building demolition and construction
- Experience with ISO 450001
- MS degree in a biological, physical, or safety science related field
- 5+ years of experience in Integrated Safety Management Systems development and implementation
- Able to develop implementable recommendations for corrective actions and document completion to address identified safety and health needs
- Prior experience working technical services with a federal customer in highly regulated and remote work environments
- CSP and/or CIH preferred
- Competent in change and risk management practices
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification to drive continuous improvement
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical, dental and psychological examinations, as required by the National Science Foundation (NSF) for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.