Leidos is looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our Computer Information Security team in Corporate IT. The position can be supported from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD.
You will join a team of other cybersecurity engineers and contribute to the overall network and security design for large scale, IP-based networks. Functions of the Network Security Engineering team are network security design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Leidos local network environment and cloud integration. You will work closely with the other Cybersecurity Operations organizations in to ensure capabilities meet the requirements and needs. The role is split between maintaining and enhancing the network security systems and working projects to deploy new security capabilities and provide security engineering services to non-security IT efforts. You will also work with the Network Security Operations team and Security Operations Center to ensure proper monitoring and alerting is accomplished for network security systems.
Work on a team of motivated network security engineers in designing, building and deploying network security capabilities for protecting Leidos core networks and information.
Develop, deploy, and oversee the maintenance of network security systems such as next-generation firewalls, web content filtering, network tapping infrastructure, and any new products and services as assigned.
Serve as a subject matter expert in at least one technology or service area offered by the Network Security Engineering team.
Work closely with engineering team members across infrastructure teams and outside vendors to ensure that features and capabilities are delivered on-schedule and operated according to corporate service level agreements.
Help develop network security technical roadmaps to drive constant cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ defensive posture.
Work closely with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center Director to ensure network capabilities meet the requirements and needs of the CSIRC team.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class firewall solutions (additional experience, education or training may be considered).
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class IDS/IPS solutions such as Palo Alto, SNORT, Suricata, Cisco FirePower or McAfee Intrushield.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class network tapping and packet acquisition services.
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco FirePower.
- Strong Understanding of TCP/IP, Networking, and common application layer protocols and Network Security Concepts.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate technical and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently when encountering technical and non-technical challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon.
- Experience in system administration (Windows or Linux).
- Experience in programming and/or scripting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.