Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Technical Writer to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM).
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical and business documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, specification, requirements and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project software implementations to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Produces business related documents and customer deliverables such as progress and reports and slide show presentations.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various experts and stakeholders to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write a wide variety of technical and business documents.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Must be able to provide clear, concise, and compelling written responses to both internal and public documents.
- Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/ preparing the edited drafts.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Requires a BA degree in English or equivalent and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- This federal contract requires the candidate to have US Citizenship. Must be a US Citizen with ability to gain Security Clearance.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all project documents and deliverables.
- Able to analyze and communicate technical details through documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working as a part of a virtual team dispersed within the continental United States.
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.