The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a DevOps Support Engineer in the Montgomery, AL area to support GCSS –AF 2 Operations and Sustainment.
The DevOps Support Engineer will work collaboratively with DevOps engineering to monitor and troubleshoot our systems. Identify areas to automate and streamline our operations and processes. Maintain tools for monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Support various teams working with Azure, AWS, and Docker instances
- Work with application teams to support applications and promote site reliability engineering.
- Continuously seek ways to increase dependability of deployments, and to reduce the amount of human intervention needed.
- Troubleshoot software issues when they arise, and report defects.
- Work with migrated applications on cloud technology stacks
- Provide support and maintenance for core common services for mission applications
- Be responsible for critical applications
- Perform work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work indecently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Bash, Python, Ruby or Powershell Scripting
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Working knowledge of AWS or Azure environments
- An understanding of ITIL principles and what they mean to support
- Worked with application monitoring and management tools
- Understanding and working knowledge of cloud based technologies
- Have worked in a DevOps/Agile environment
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Have good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have the ability to translate technical issues to user friendly language
- Be an excellent Team Player
- Ability to obtain a SECRET Clearance
- Obtain DoD 8570 certification within 60 days (typically Security+)
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process.
- Complex scripting, debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes using shell and Ansible scripting.
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Experience implementing AWS or Azure core services.
- Knowledgeable with PaaS Tools such as Cloud Foundry and OpenShift.
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with RedHat Linux and Windows 10.
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash/BitBucket.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
- AWS or Azure certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.