Leidos is seeking a Project Manager who will be the SIG Lead for a dynamic team working on the development of an air traffic control and management system that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include:
• Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data (EFD);
• Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
• TFDM will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Project Manager SIG Lead Responsibilities:
• Provide direction and guidance to the System Engineering team working on TFDM SIG/CRs.
• Assist with SIG/CR development plans and manage resources to ensure program schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
• Manage and monitor SIG/CR schedules, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet program goals.
• Coordinate across TFDM product teams and functional areas to assign and prioritize SIG/CR tasks.
• Develop and deliver SIG/CR progress reports and present to internal engineering management and program management.
• Identify and assess SIG/CR dependencies and issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Assist Control Account Manager (CAM) with the monitoring of TFDM SIG/CR Time and Materials (T&M) work.
• Assist Control Account Manager (CAM) with the monitoring of SIG/CR authorization levels and actual hours/cost reports, performing analysis and preparing monthly Estimate to Complete (ETCs) for SIG/CR work.
• Requires a Bachelors of Science or Arts degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.