Job Description: Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for a Finance Specialist to begin work on an exciting new contract supporting the Department of Defense. The successful candidate will join an established set of skilled data analysts and other users. The Finance Specialist will provide support for various analytical requirements. These requirements include analysis, research, monitoring and reporting, information assurance analysis, and operations planning and support. The Financial Specialist will perform the following standard duties:
• Analyze technical and financial data, analyze anomalies, report indicators, document information and processes, gather information and interpret analytical results
• Perform research
• Interview and collaborate with customers
• Discover and document information on high-interest topics
• Develop and refine the daily operations of the DoD customer
• Perform peer review or quality control on team products
• A minimum of 2 years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. An active clearance is preferred
• Experience conducting and interpreting database checks and credit reports
• Basic understanding of financial analysis. Analytic skills must include the ability to conceptualize, organize, & draw inferences from incomplete data and present a compelling analytic picture; identify, articulate, document and mitigate knowledge gaps
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to present complex technology into layman terms
• Ability to apply and/or adapt existing tools and methods or to employ new methodological approaches to substantive discipline or area of work
• Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Self- motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedule
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed
• Knowledge of security-related / investigative guidelines and procedures, and familiarity with Federal standards and Executive Orders
• Demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigative reports to discern potential security vulnerabilities and to identify viable investigative leads
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.