The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the FAA Air Traffic Office (AJI) customers.SME responsibilities are to ensure technical accuracy of AJI training products, compliance with new training requirements, and maintain currency of technical information.Specific duties for the requisition may include:
- Assist in the planning, assessment, quality reviews and provide analytical feedback of all types of technical training products, courseware, materials and programs for FAA/AJI customers, employees, or field support personnel.
- Provide technical training that may include interactive multimedia, asynchronous and synchronous training, and various evaluation methodologies.
- Obtain information from the customer and technical organizations, engineering, software and product requirements to prepare training programs.
- Review lesson plans, course content, training materials and training aids for technical accuracy.
- Assist in the design and review for technical accuracy of product demonstrations.
- Assist in conducting training sessions, product demonstrations, and in the development of criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 10-15 years of FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) Terminal / TRACON experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a FAA Staff Specialist
- FAA Management experience, preferably 2nd level
- Staff experience at Level 3 or higher, or as an FAA Staff Manager
- FAA Headquarters experience
- Experience as an ATC OJT Instructor or Training Specialist
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.