We are seeking qualified candidates for a IEC Server Team Systems Engineer for multiple openings supporting our government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Leidos is seeking an experienced, motivated Systems Engineer to be a member of the IEC Server Team. This position will provide remote or on-site system integration, administration, and Tier 3 support to operational customer sites worldwide, to include:
• Software Mission Baseline installation/support
• Tier 3 troubleshooting support and system recovery
• Hardware deployment/recapitalization activities
• Mission Baseline/patch documentation development
• Mission Baseline/patch testing
• Development/Test Lab management
• Shift-work required to include occasional weekends and holidays
Anticipated Travel: Approx. 25%
• Advanced debugging/troubleshooting Tier 3 support on near real-time applications
• Advise customers on technical system alternatives for system issues
• UNIX system administration (Solaris 10/11 and Linux installation, configuration, zoned servers…)
• Windows Server system administration (Windows Server 2016)
• Oracle DB administration/maintenance
• Build Server Suites to meet both mission and security requirements (UNIX servers, windows servers, NetApp storage, console servers …)
• Unix SW application packaging
• Develop/review/maintain documentation for Mission Baseline upgrades/patching
• Support Mission Baseline upgrade and patch test/verification activities
• Interpret/modify system application scripts for both normal system data flows and monitoring utilities (windows batch, UNIX shell, Perl, Powershell…)
• Systems/requirements impact analysis
• Develop engineering estimates to include cost benefits analysis
• Support trade studies/evaluations/tests for new HW and SW applications, to include technical evaluation reports.
• Technical lead for specific projects/activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience managing data flows, integrating technologies, and/or maintaining SW/HW systems on heterogeneous architectures on mid to large scale government programs/projects.
• Experience with both remote and on-site Tier 2/3 support to government customers.
• Experience with various servers, storage, and workstation hardware platforms and their associated OS, to include Oracle Servers (Solaris 10/), HP servers (Windows Server 2016), NetApp Filers (DOT 8.X in 7 Mode), HP workstations, and Peripherals (console server, monitors…)
• Experience with Unix/Windows administration (installation, configuration, management, maintenance…)
• Experience with Oracle Relational Database (sqlplus, DBI, administration…)
• Experience with Unix/Windows scripting (Perl, ksh…)
• Experience with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
• Cursory knowledge of Networking setup, configuration, and debugging.
• Knowledge of Life Cycle Management (requirements definition, design, prototyping, integration, testing, validation)
• Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with peers or customer/corporate management.
Education & Experience:
Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
"Referral Bonus Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.