Leidos is working with some of the most advanced cities in America to conceive, design, and build Smart City strategies and infrastructure. Projects span a holistic range of domains including: technology and IOT, Analytics, automation, Smart Public Health, Smart Transportation, Smart Public Safety, cyber-security, Digital Equity, and systems-engineering and design.
We are seeking a Smart Cities Business Analyst to work under close supervision with our growing set of clients in defining and developing business cases, project requirements, implementation plans, business processes, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics for smart city initiatives based on a client’s strategic plan. Work includes developing client business plans, as well as monitoring the activities of Smart City projects in specific cities and across North America. Clients include utilities, municipalities, metropolitan planning organizations, real estate developers, and other related parties.
The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the client is enabled with accurate, well supported business cases and outcome-based implementation plans that detail clear links to related metrics. The Business Analyst / Project Manager is also responsible for working across engineering, policy, and business stakeholders to ensure project execution based on these requirements. Position is expected to carry out individual responsibilities with initiative, independence and creativity, while exercising sound professional judgment and stakeholder alignment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop complex business cases and justifications
• Plan, coordinate and manage large projects.
• Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
• Plan and implement actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
• Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
• Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
• Interface with task leaders, subcontractors and support personnel, customer and senior management.
• Develop a detailed project execution plan and help write an investment proposal in an accelerated environment.
• Provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks.
• Assess performance of subordinates, and coach them as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher (domain knowledge in electric utility business is preferable) with 4+ years related experience.
• Excellent customer-facing skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Proficiency in business requirements development
• Proficiency with business case development and benefits/cost analysis and tracking
• Proficiency with working on complex project schedules in Microsoft Project Server
• Proficiency in project management processes
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
• Ability to research and assimilate new technical and business concepts rapidly and integrate into solutions that will meet client needs and improve Leidos’ core competencies.
• PMP preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.