Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software System Architect to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
Responsible for providing detailed technical support for software development programs with minimal management supervision. Responsible for translating operational requirements into detailed software/system requirements and integrating COTS products into software/system architectures. Must rapidly understand the use of tools and technologies and integrate them into existing products and processes. Responsible for providing technical direction to design and development teams and monitoring progress and productivity through the use of metrics. Responsible for writing and maintaining source code.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or technical discipline.
- At least 8 years of experience.
- Detailed knowledge of modern software development processes, to include object-oriented development and use of tools, and how to apply them to software application program development.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, and issues regarding database replication and distribution for distributed systems.
- General understanding of communications protocols, and be able to quickly understand the Army Technical Architecture guidelines.
- Experience with the following programming languages: JAVA, C++, MS products, LINUX and SQL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to include the ability to work on multi-functional teams, as well as proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large (5 or more people) design and development teams, providing them technical direction and monitoring progress through the use of metrics, with minimal management supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of modern software development processes and tools, with repeated track record of applying them to programs.
- Masters with at least 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- A PhD is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.