The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a WIN-T Commercial Coalition Equipment (CCE) Training Specialist who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Project Manager Mission Network requirements providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems. The PM-MN is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node (UHN), Regional Hub Node (RHN), Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on related systems.
- Routing: Set-up, Troubleshoot and understand OSFP, DMVPN and Multicast
- Satellite Communications: Set-up, troubleshoot and understand NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation prior to issue.
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements.
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field of study with 2 or more years of related experience. Minimum of 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
Ideal candidates would be experienced in one or more of below functional areas:
- Specific experience required includes routers, gateways, Palo Alto Firewalls, Linux and Windows Operating Systems, and knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN network related problems.
- Provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks.
- Knowledge of Switching / Routing
- Knowledge of Communications Security
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWare VCP-DCV), set-up, troubleshoot and understand the various WIN-T assemblages
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding BGP, OSFP, DMVPN, Multicast
- Develop guidance on program planning, position management, contingency/emergency planning, position management, work measurement, and productivity improvement
- Assist the project manager in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations throughout an agency.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Certifications i.e. A+, Network plus, Server+, CCNA etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.