More About the Role:
The candidate provides Systems Security Engineering (SSE) designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Balance security, compliance, performance, power and cost for a diverse portfolio of embedded devices.
• Evaluate the security of new product designs and analyze vulnerabilities and threats.
• Support the implementation and administration of information security policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the protection of systems, applications, and data on NASA NEST.
• Provide professional security services for IA/Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), and NIST policies and guidelines.
• Provide the necessary support to monitor and ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including assistance with internal auditing, reporting, technical reviews, and identification of security risks.
• Provide technical assistance in support of Cybersecurity inspections and Site Assistance Visits (SAV).
• Assist with drafting, reviewing, editing, and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
• Support network and infrastructure accreditations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience.
• Experience running and managing vulnerability assessment tools.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to write clear and concise assessment reports.
• Be able to execute in a high-pressure environment with tight timeframes.
• Prior experience executing vulnerability assessment activities such as vulnerability scans, penetration tests, and application security code reviews.
• Technical security certifications preferred, such as GPEN, CISM, and/or CISSP.
• Displays a proven track record in executing vulnerability assessment activities.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.