This work supports the Strategic Partnerships group under Science & Technology Strategic Plans & Programs at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security and economic competitiveness of the United States through a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs.
Externally funded projects reinforce and support NETL’s mission as the premier fossil energy research laboratory in the US. The Senior Strategic Marketing position will support development and implementation of a proactive process to pursue business opportunities between NETL and external organizations. A successful strategic marketing effort will provide NETL with a needed capability to systematically plan for and successfully pursue business development opportunities that increase funding and enhance the Laboratory’s technical reputation.
The Senior Strategic Marketing Specialist will work directly with NETL staff to identify and plan for forthcoming external funding opportunities, position NETL to effectively pursue these opportunities and help NETL prioritize opportunities that compete for Laboratory resources. Under the direction of NETL staff, the Senior Strategic Marketing Specialist will work with companies, universities, other national laboratories and organizations in the public sector to forge and implement a proactive and consistent work-for-others development effort consistent with RIC’s mission and role within NETL.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the preparation and adoption of a strategic marketing plan.
- Maintain a marketing opportunities database; executing system improvements as needed to effectively anticipate and prioritize funding opportunities.
- Support NETL researchers in prioritizing opportunities and developing proposal teams with external organizations.
- Maintain a strategic marketing process description.
- Communicate with external clients.
- Communicate with internal teams and clients to effectively respond to opportunities.
- Prepare and administer routine correspondence, memoranda, and related documentation.
- Develop electronic and paper concurrence packages.
- Provide customized reports to varying audiences.
- Support the Proposal Coordinator team by participating in all aspects of preparation including creating templates, developing budgets, ensuring compliance, editing, reviewing content and assembling final documents
- Drive continued NETL Proposal process streamlining and prioritization efforts
- Track and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics, as well as respond to ad-hoc metric requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, or related field and ten (10) years of professional experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- This position will require extensive interface with all levels of the federal client (NETL) and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries.
- Experience in marketing, business development, and/or technology commercialization is desired; as is previous experience working with government organizations and laboratories.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Strategic Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.