This position is in support of the United States Attorney's Office in Los Angeles, CA, at 312 North Spring Street, or 300 N. Los Angeles Street. The estimated length of this assignment is through September 28, 2020, with the possibility of extensions.
With proper approvals, works overtime depending on the needs of the office as needed.
The Employee will typically perform the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Controls access to the office and insures that only visitors properly cleared are authorized entry.
- Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls. Takes messages from and gives messages to visitors when staff members are unavailable;
- Handles citizen complaints over the telephone and in person. Directs caller or visitor to the proper agency and provides citizen complaint form.
- Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate Federal, State or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO’s purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
- Receives legal documents (e.g., Civil Rights complaints) and notifies appropriate person of receipt. Organizes and maintains in binders any necessary form or other documents in prescribed manner.
The above mentioned tasks can be performed as single tasks or in conjunction with one another.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- At least one year of word processing experience including familiarity with the specific office automation environment (e.g., JCON 2a, MS Word Office 12/Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to type at a minimum rate of 65 wpm with an accuracy rate of 95%.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, or other similar applications).
- At least one year of experience answering a multi-line phone system.
- Pleasant telephone manner and pleasant manner in greeting visitors extremely important.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Ability to meet and deal with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items is required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.