Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network and Systems Virtualization Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Provide engineering support for the blade and server Virtual Environment deployment.
- Design, Test, review, Support, and provide system maintenance, vendor/contractor liaison and other activities as required.
- Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment.
- Manage vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance in coordination with storage engineers.
- Maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter.
- Plan and convert P2V as directed on Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Troubleshoot interoperability and performance issues.
- Coordinate and integrate with specialists from storage, network, server, and database systems.
- Provide Tier 2/3 technical support regarding virtualization issues.
- Diagnose problems on ESXi hosts, troubleshoot technology issues, using various resources and document lessons learned.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices.
- Provide health- performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture.
- Work with team to upgrade network infrastructure equipment
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of overall related experience or Masters with 2-6 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Requires a secret clearance to start.
- VMWare Certification
- Experience upgrading network infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
- Cisco UCS experience
- Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.