Leidos has an exciting opportunity to join a team of Energy Advisors (EA) executing Hawaii Energy’s incentive programs and advisory services to businesses to accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The EA will work closely with key customers to overcome barriers to implementing energy efficiency projects. The EA will be responsible for developing customer and contractor relationships, serving as a trusted advisor to electric customers to drive the early adoption of energy efficiency and conservation measures.
• Develop positive relationships with customers and industry stakeholders.
• Seek comprehensive energy solutions for customers, creatively providing support as a trusted energy advisor.
• Coordinate and/or conduct training and educational seminars concerning moderately complex energy-related issues.
• Become a subject matter expert on our programs, industry trends, energy efficient technologies and operational practices in electric demand side management.
• Prioritize projects and create a road map for efficiency upgrades for customers.
• Provide timely, up-to-date forecasts of customers’ efficiency projects.
• Analyze energy data for individual customers and in aggregate.
• Work with customers’ engineering staff or consultants to track, measure and report energy savings.
• Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on weekends at public events may be required.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 2 – 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
• Previous experience in industrial & manufacturing fields.
• Able to articulate engineering processes with facility engineers across a multitude of industrial disciplines
• Knowledge of typical industrial equipment energy consumption and efficiency opportunities
• Proficient in Salesforce or similar customer relationship management tool utilization and enhancement
• Basic understanding of the energy industry with the ability to become a subject matter expert.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including effectively presenting complex and/or technical information to a wide audience.
• Possess a client-first attitude and be a relentless internal client champion with demonstrated experience building and managing relationships to reach a shared objective and drive towards desired business outcomes.
• Self-starter and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Passionate about and committed to the Hawai‘i Energy mission and our goals.
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle to meet with customers and conduct site visits as required.
• Innovative problem solving skills to develop and propose energy efficient solutions.
• CEM, LEED AP, or other energy and sustainability certifications.
• Skilled with Microsoft Excel worksheets and pivot tables.
• Experience with customer relationship management software, such as Salesforce.
• Experience in data analytics and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work 2018 and 2019,” we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.