The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sql Server DBA in Bethesda, MD.
- Design and implement databases within a multi domain/server/instance environment
- Develop backup and recovery strategies, create and optimize database objects, role and permission based security, and other advanced topics such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Cloud Computing
- Investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment.
- Effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, and software developers.
- Learn and understand data models and data architecture documents.
- Install database software, apply database software patches and upgrade the database structure, as well tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
- Perform code review and deploy database changes to production environment.
- Develop standard operating procedure (SOP) documents.
- Provide after-hours and on call support as well as deployment of production packages during non-peak hours
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems and 5 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later versions preferable
- 5+ years of T-SQL developing tables, views, indexes, constraints, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
Working experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, VMware, data domain, PowerShell.
- Experience working with security / information assurance personnel to resolve Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms).
- Familiar with data replication, high-availability technologies, and windows failover clustering, transaction replication, log shipping.
- Experience performing backups and restores; responding to incident requests; and good knowledge of the processing of trouble tickets; knowledge of Remedy a plus.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance (including application of database patches) of Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
- Must have experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles with an understanding of different data structures and their benefits / limitations.
- Ability to work independently and quickly analyze error messages and perform necessary actions to resolve issues including scripts, deployments, and database server restarts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Experience with Power BI, Oracle, DevOps, Azure or AWS Cloud, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), PowerQuery M.
- Experience with MS PowerShell Scripting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.