Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Risk Manager to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM). Candidate will travel to the customer site in Rosslyn, VA. Candidate must be located within commuting distance to customer location. No remote work.
The Risk Manager will assist the team by managing overall risk policies, processes and procedures across the project. As the team member responsible for project risk management, the Risk Manager will work with all executing teams, stakeholders and leadership to identify and intake of new risks and manage mitigation of existing risks. The Risk Manager will support weekly risk meeting facilitation and weekly and monthly risk management reporting, in addition to establishing and participating in a project Risk Management Board.
- Manage and track identified risks, issues, and opportunities to ensure the overall success of the project.
- Provide leadership direction on reaching compliance with program risk management requirements and the continuous improvement of risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Proactively identify, assess, monitor, and manage risks with all executing teams, stakeholders and leadership and develop strategies for effective mitigation, avoidance, transfer, or acceptance as appropriate.
- Manage the development and execution of a Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management Plan (RMP).
- Perform independent reviews and evaluations to ensure risks, issues, and opportunities are appropriately documented, tracked, evaluated, and managed or mitigated in accordance with the RMP.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with at least 8-12 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree with at least 6-10 years of relevant experience managing risks on complex federal technology projects.
- This federal contract requires the candidate to have US Citizenship. Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to challenge the functional areas on operational risk as well as the ability to convey risk exposure and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience implementing operational risk methodologies and performing risk assessments including issue management and other related activities.
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Certification.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.