Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe. We are a full-service provider of airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions. We conduct full life cycle support - including air and ground ISR processing and integration and providing a 'tip-to-tail' solution for government agencies.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Challenger 650 Instructor Pilots. The Instructor Pilot will support contracted CONUS/OCONUS flight operations and must meet our high standards of aviator skill, safety, professionalism, and customer focus. Additionally, the Instructor Pilot will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Act as the primary POC for site interaction with the GFR
- Act as the primary Contractor's Requesting Official (CRO)
- Provide all information requested by the Battle Captain and GFR thru the Site Operations Manager (SOM)
- Conduct and document local flight evaluations IAW the Leidos Challenger 650 Aircrew Training Manual (ATM)
- Manage and monitor all aircrew Crew Endurance status to ensure DCMA 8210.1C/AR 95-20 compliance
- Operate aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations, and program/corporate policies and procedures
- Manage all aircraft movement requests to include coordination of PPRs, Call Sign Requests and ATO compliance
- Act as the primary on-site representative the Program Management Office Sr. Flight Operations Manager (FOM)
- Liaison with the Battle Captain and GFR with input from the Leidos Site Operations Manager (SOM) on all flight operation matters
- Manage a team of crew member pilots and mission-equipment operators while operating from remote locations at overseas locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and eight (8) years or prior relevant experience; or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) or more years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 1,500 hours PIC total time
- 500 hours PIC in a Challenger 604/605/650 aircraft or similar aircraft type
- Must hold at least a Commercial Airplane Multiengine, Instructor Pilot (CFI/MEI) and Instrument Airplane Airman Certificate
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport and a valid state driver's license
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must possess an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Proline 21 experience
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
- 2,000 hours of PIC time
- 400 hours of Multiengine
- 300 hours Turbine time
- 300 hours of Instrument (actual) time
- Rating held for the last three (3) consecutive years
- Active security clearance at Top Secret level
- Former U.S. Military, Customs, DEA Pilot or US Contracting ISR Pilot
- U.S. Military Standardization Instructor Pilot, Instructor Pilot, Maintenance Pilot
- Prior OCONUS rotation experience, particularly in current area of operation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.