Leidos Defense Group is seeking a A&A Cyber Security Engineer to support our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Ft. Meade MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
As a A&A Cyber Security Engineer, you will ensure appropriate operational security posture for the JRSS. You also will guide and advise on all matters involving the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Assessment and Authorizations (A&A) and day-to-day security of JRSS. You will work closely with government and Information Assurance (IA) Team to support Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements.
- Conduct network security reviews that include validation of DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), network security policy, requirements and design.
- Manage and document A&A projects using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) A&A workflow platform.
- Advise, conduct and document risk assessments, development of System Security Plans (SSP), Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and security policies and procedures
- Provide guidance in the implementation of security controls, doctrine and policies.
- Implement information assurance (IA) and security standards and procedures to identify, report and resolve security violations.
- Establish and satisfy IA and security requirements based upon user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Integrate and implement computer system security solutions. Analyze general IA related technical problems and support in solving these problems.
- Monitor the JRSS Stack for IAVA compliance and assess impact on DOD computer networks.
- Manage Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to enable automated network vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, application vulnerability scanning, device configuration assessment, and network discovery
- Manage McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS) to prevent, detect, track, report, and remediate malicious computer-related activities and incidents
- BS degree in Computer Science, or other comparable technical degree from an accredited college/university and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills; have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentations.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: System Administration, network engineering, applications, and security operations.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Per contract requirements, must be a U.S. citizen with an active Secret clearance and an ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification (Security+CE) or higher
- Experience in performing risk assessment, IT audits, security planning, systems accreditation and policy development.
- Experience complying with DoD regulations and preparing for responding to information security audits and questionnaires.
- Understanding of related information technology (e.g. firewalls, VPN, virtualization, DLP, etc) and physical security assets.
- Understanding of basic networking, routing and transport security technologies and architectures
- Knowledge of domain structures, user authentication, data encryption, access audits and end-user security best practices.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX OS and any scripting language.
- Experience working with IDS/IPS and processes.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.