The Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility located at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport, and Naval Station Newport, in Newport RI. The successful candidate will be the Contractor Technical Services Manager of the NATSC towed array depot leading a group of exempt and non-exempt engineering and configuration management staff to meet objectives for facility support, new product introduction requirements analysis, problem analysis and recommended recovery actions, and configuration management and maintenance of digitized and hard copy records.
The Engineering Manager will:
- Prioritize, investigate, and resolve trouble reports received from depot Operations and Facilities related to the operation and maintenance of Industrial Plant Equipment (IPE) and Jigs, Tools, and Fixtures (JTF) used at the depot.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair JTF and IPE as required.
- As part of the plan to transition new products into the repair line(s), analyze and report on JTF and infrastructure requirements necessary to insure successful integration of these products and compliance with applicable technical documents.
- Coordinate and record program-wide technical training scheduling and accomplishment.
- Monitor cleanliness and storage in their area(s) of responsibility and monitor, via trouble reports, the material/operating condition of installed industrial plant equipment (IPE). Initiate/assign action to resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible to the program manager for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related discipline and five or more years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading engineering teams or projects.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a US DOD security clearance at the SECRET level.
- Five or more year’s prior experience in a leadership in US Government DOD projects and direct liaison with Government customers.
- Prior experience in direct liaison with Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport on matters related to towed array systems.
- Prior experience using NDA (NATSC Depot Application), TAMS (Towed Asset Management System), and/or MasterControl (Process/Document Management System).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.