Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next System Administrator – Configuration Management, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware for the D3P Program working in our Reston, VA office. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. The System Administrator will build strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with the chief architect, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Systems engineering and IT Configuration Manager is responsible for product design changes and the effects of the overall system
• Ensuring configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations and preparing deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
• Configuration Change Management (CM) maintaining the integrity and traceability of configuration items throughout the project lifecycle.
• Responsibilities include the overall configuration and data management process; configuration status reporting and support contract deliverables; program documents review and update tracking.
• Creating and processing Change Requests (CR) within the AGILE team structure
• Facilitating and coordinating the internal configuration control board meetings
• Maintaining and updating CM policies, procedures and standards
• Identifying and maintaining the configuration of program artifacts in ATLASSIAN confluence
• Communicating directly with the Leidos Configuration Management Team on a routine basis, adhering to best practices and comply with government standards
• Additional duties may include supporting Help Desk, Technical Writing, Test Engineering, and other duties, as necessary.
• Candidate will work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives.
• Candidate will interact with other contractors, and U.S. Government personnel; therefore, requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant experience in lieu of BS degree,
or Masters with 2 - 6 of prior relevant experience
• Experience with Configuration Management Tools
• Familiar with ATLASSIAN’s JIRA Confluence
• Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with eligibility to obtain TS/SCI with CI-Polygraph.
• Must be US Citizen.
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Configuration and Data Management (CDM) certification - National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) preferred (must obtain with six months of onboarding)
• Familiar with Systems and Test Engineering Processes
• Experience with Help Desk Processes
More about the PROGRAM:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. We are looking for you to have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.