The National Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for several ITS DODIIS Messaging Administrators performing operations and maintenance on messaging systems, applications, and their services in accordance with developed operations plans, and to ensure messaging systems, applications, and services are operational and available at all sites. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and provide support to the Department of Defense’s mission. These positions are all part of mission operations and will be operating in a fast paced operations environment.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to provide first line of defense to deploy, operate, and maintain infrastructure devises 24x7 for 365 days a year. Additional duties include:
- Provide messaging support using both proactive and reactive measures to respond to local, regional, and enterprise message systems incidents, problems, and outages; maintain ITS messaging systems within the ITS enterprise; perform minor changes to ensure stability and customer satisfaction with the product/application; troubleshoot and fix operational problems; perform installation of applications developed and tested by CIO in support of a worldwide implementation; maintain monitoring agents in a manner that ensures monitoring of applications and services to ensure proactive problem resolution; maintain and monitor message data flows and tracking data flow trends so that trends indicative of a failure or system anomaly are proactively detected; respond to special requests to filter and profile messages in support of data management policy; and configure backup and recovery services to ensure that data is protected from loss and, if corrupted, is recovered in a manner consistent with disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide reports and documentation in support of configuration and system updates to include but not limited to inputs for applicable policies and policy changes.
- Provide configuration of the organizational messaging applications and systems to include but not limited to configuration, maintenance, and changes to system/application files and databases to meet established operational requirements as directed by customer.
- Install patches and software updates of applications on appropriate test systems and update all operational systems following Government approval.
- Monitor messaging applications and systems agents and alert other agencies monitoring tools and dashboards.
- Monitor message data flows and identify any information flow trends that might indicate a failure or system anomaly are proactively detected. The Contractor shall notify the Organizational Messaging Manager of identified trends or anomalies.
- Respond to messaging personnel requests for database or configuration file modifications to support special requests.
- Ensure system and application backup and recovery solutions are available and is protected from loss or corruption in a manner consistent with agency disaster recovery procedures.
- Coordinate and work with software developer to resolve operational system.
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience..
- Must be willing to work shift work
- US citizenship and an Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly required.
- Must have experience with multiple types of infrastructure devises such as servers and networking devises
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Advanced degree
- Security + certification
- ITIL Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.