Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Administrator at Scott AFB, IL.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Linux System Administrator position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The candidate will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Redhat Linux but also includes Windows Server on a global network management system. Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations. Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel. Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's
- Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- The candidate works independently to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties include setting up administrator and service accounts, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC ITSM.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified-
- Windows Server experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.