No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing and experienced person to provide direct support to the National Nuclear Security Administration’s Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation. Overall duties involve providing senior technical and program management support for a multi-million dollar, multi-site portfolio of advanced and applied research and development projects that are focused on the nuclear stockpile. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the background to quickly understand these complex technological projects and their impact upon and benefits to the nation’s nuclear deterrence posture.
The primary area of responsibility for this position is monitoring and reporting on microelectronics development particularly regarding radiation hardening, trusted manufacturing, and product assurance. Duties include:
• Contributing knowledge of microelectronics state-of-the-art to assist Federal program manager to evolve the Defense Programs strategy for the design, research and development, and limited production of radiation harden chips for future nuclear weapon needs.
• Developing and enhancing working relationships with other government agencies and associated support organizations to establish alliances as a means to distribute risk and cost for future microelectronics fabrication capabilities.
• Researching and preparing background information and talking points from a wide variety of sources for executive level documents, briefings and reports, and consolidating the material into a finished product that convey technological challenges and developments, government and stakeholder concerns or interests, and programmatic updates.
• Preparing technical and program management documentation, scheduling requested meetings, and coordinating with government program management staff.
• Tracking and monitoring progress on ongoing projects and initiatives in a technical portfolio.
The successfully candidate will have:
• An active DOE Q clearance or TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
• A Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering technical discipline.
• At least 8 years of relevant experience with complex technology projects some or all of which is devoted to trusted and assured microelectronics programs.
• An outstanding ability to analyze and communicate complex issues at many levels of understanding.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products to analyze and communicate issues and opportunities.
• Successful outcomes when communicating with executive level management.
• A Master’s degree or PhD.
• A currently active Q security clearance.
• Experience in managing an applied microelectronics research and development and or production program.
• Nuclear weapons background and knowledge.
• Understanding of the background and issues surrounding the fabrication of microelectronics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.