Job Description:Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe. We are a full-service provider of airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions. We conduct full life cycle support - including air and ground ISR processing and integration and providing a 'tip-to-tail' solution for government agencies.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a King Air 350 Second In Command (SIC). The job of the Second-In-Command (Co-Pilot) in King Air 350 aircraft to support contracted OCONUS flight operations and must meet our high standards of aviator skill, safety, professionalism, and customer focus. SIC's shall ensure safe, effective and efficient flight operations to include identification of aircraft maintenance faults and corrective actions. All safety of flight documentation shall be completed and documented in accordance with applicable industry and US Army standards. SIC's are responsible for pre-flight planning, aircraft pre-flight check, coordinating with Airborne Sensor Operators (ASO) who operate the on-board sensor systems and are responsible for mission execution and operations. SIC's will place special emphasis on crew resource management (CRM), safety, and customer relations, and will monitor airspace, weather, radio communications, mission flight boundaries, and other air traffic / aircraft systems. SIC's will operate military turbo-prop aircraft in accordance with AR 95-20 regulations, program policies and procedures. Pilots are required to live and work in austere conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience. Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
Flight Hour Requirement
- 500 hours of Pilot In Command (PIC) time
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Multiengine Land and Instrument Airplane Airman Certificate
- Must hold at least at least an FAA Commercial Airplane and Airplane Airman Certificate
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must possess an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher
- 1000 hours of PIC time
- 300 hours PIC time in King Air 300/350 or similar multi-engine, turboprop aircraft
- 200 hours of Instrument (actual) time
- 200 hours Turbine time
- Proline 21 experience
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
- Rating held for the last two (2) consecutive years
- Former U.S. Military, Customs, DEA Pilot or US Contracting ISR Pilot, U.S. Military Standardization Instructor Pilot, Instructor Pilot, Maintenance Pilot
- Prior OCONUS rotation experience, particularly in current area of operation
- Active DOD security clearance at TOP SECRET level
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.