Varec, Inc., a Leidos company, has an opening for a part-time Business Process Manager. The candidate apply project management skills, Lean, and Six Sigma best practices to projects focused on process efficiency, standardization, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Champion business process improvement initiatives to ensure Varec employs best practices across the process baseline
- Evaluate business processes, procedures, and systems to identify gaps and recommend enhancements and opportunities for optimization
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies to reduce process waste and variation
- Identify critical success factors and metrics to ensure achievement of process related KPIs
- Identify processes interdependencies to drive collaboration
- Plan and measure work progress to meet project requirements, priorities, and deadlines
- BS degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience or,
- Masters Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience or,
- PHD degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Master’s Degree and 5 years’ experience managing projects
- PMP Certification
- Certified Six Sigma Green belt
- Proficient in business process flow diagramming
- Expert knowledge of the requirements to operate in an ISO 9001 certified environment
- Experience leading brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
- Proficient in data collection, value stream mapping, process capability, and root-cause identification
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making
- Strong communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills with the ability to interface across functional areas at all levels
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- 5 years’ experience leading business process improvements
- Working knowledge of the requirements of CMMI ML3
Potential for Telework
Up to 50%
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. Varec is headquartered outside of Atlanta, Georgia. For more information visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.