The Cost Estimation Engineer will provide support to the FAA’s APM-200, Real Estate(RE) Program as part of the Leidos NISC III program. Support shall consist of serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on design and construction projects and development of cost estimates for the Real Estate Program Office. The selected candidate will be required to assist with the execution of the program initiatives, travel to take part in site activities, and coordinate between FAA field personnel, contractors and vendors.
- Support the RE program and the execution teams by developing cost estimates for various construction projects
- Support the RE program and the execution team by reviewing and providing feedback on contractor submitted cost estimates
- Serve as the SME and suggest cost effective design and construction strategies that benefit the RE program
- Assist with the overall construction project management and tracking of the cost components
- Track status of and coordinate responsibilities of action items on construction projects.
- Provide updates to program management team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Administration
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience creating Federal construction cost estimates such as IGCEs (Independent Government Cost Estimates) or working with them
- At least 3 years of experience working on engineering and facility construction projects
- Ability to develop project and implementation plans, establish schedules and manage projects independently
- Experience tracking task status for purposes of providing regular updates and developing action items.
- Ability to research, study and offer analysis in support of the customer initiatives
- Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Success Cost Estimator or similar cost estimation tools
- Proficiency using project tracking tools like MS Projects or Primavera
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Master's Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Administration
- Experience creating IGCEs(Independent Government Cost Estimates) independently for construction projects
- Experience with design and construction of FAA or aviation facilities
- FAA experience, either as a Federal Employee or a contractor supporting the FAA
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.