Leidos is seeking a Supply Manager that will be responsible for on-site Supply logistics activities within the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC). The Supply Manager sets the strategic vision and overarching policy/procedures for materials management at all USAP locations providing a consistent, uniform approach. Manages the central materials purchasing process. Oversees receipt processing, inventory control and re-supply functions. Controls and monitors these functions through the Maximo network, as appropriate. During the planning season, determines staffing and material requirements for annual program plans for McMurdo Station, coordinates logistics support with McMurdo work center management ensuring that common procedures are applied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees all USAP warehousing and supply operations and coordinates ASC logistics activities with the community and end users.
- Manages the Central Materials Purchasing (CMP) for the USAP and MAXIMO Item Master support positions. Manages inventory levels and re-order points.
- Acts as the one of the system managers for the USAP MAXIMO database.
- Responsible for cargo receiving, inventory control and re-supply requests for McMurdo.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Collaborates with the McMurdo Supply Supervisor, South Pole Logistics Supervisor and Peninsula Logistics Manager to validate the tactical vision and policy/procedures align with the programmatic strategic vision for materials management.
- Establishes and monitors inventory control procedures within ASC operations sections: establishes uniform procedures for storage, material receipt and issue and hazardous materials control for 28 indoor locations and ten outdoor storage areas.
- Provides quality assurance for warehouse operations, oversees, hires and trains Supply staff.
- Oversees re-supply request functions. Ensures common procedures are established and applied, and that prioritized requests are actioned in a timely manner.
- Coordinates preseason estimates for logistical support, including material requirements, delivery dates and labor requirement with various ACS work centers.
- Oversees the use of Maximo for logistics, including re-supply documentation, cargo receiving and inventory control. In Science work centers, this could include the use of the equipment module to track the issue and return of materials that are part of a material pool.
- Supports annual re-supply vessel loading and unloading operations at McMurdo Station.
- Handles confidential matters (personnel actions, management reports, etc.) in accordance with management policy.
- Communicates professionally with their subordinates as needed to relay information they need in order to be successful in their jobs. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, performance appraisals, job requirements, division metrics, projects, Quality Standard Procedures, and safety practices.
- Interacts with the National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS or BA degree in Business Administration, preferably with a transportation or material management emphasis and 8 years prior relevant experience; 5 to 8 years related experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of management experience in logistics including purchasing, receiving, and inventory control.
- Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience with large complex operations.
- Experience with automated data processing systems as applied to logistics functions.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Familiarity with government supply and warehousing systems.
- Experience with remote site logistical support.
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, and psychological examination for winter-over positions, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residency required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.