The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Digital Design Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and experience designing communication and electronic systems among various projects. This job will focus on the digital design aspects of Embedded Systems Design and will provide exposure to the entire lifecycle of the design process.
The St. Petersburg Leidos facility provides design, development, modeling and simulation, analysis, prototyping and testing of advanced electronic systems, with a focus on embedded communication systems, Software Defined Radios and Antenna Systems, to various DOD and commercial customers.
- Participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated electronic communications hardware and firmware.
- Perform Logic Design; write VHDL code, logic simulation, synthesis and testing for use within FPGA/CPLD devices along with documentation to support the designs.
- Review and analyze requirements, participate in defining, deriving and allocating hardware requirements.
- Translate conceptual designs into detailed design specifications, electrical schematics, complete bills of materials (BOMs) and Printed Circuit Board Design (PCB) layout techniques, documents and drawings.
- Provide technical support for all phases of a project including scheduling, design, system test, cost estimates, engineering specifications and various drawings.
- Involved with testing and integration of hardware and software/firmware within complex electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, improve and optimize designs from prototypes to matured products.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Digital logic design using VHDL with FPGA’s, CPLD/s, SOC’s and/or Microcontrollers and associated tools (like Xilinx Vivado or Altera equivalent)
- Experience with VHDL simulation – using part vendor tools or third party (Xilinx simulator, Active HDL etc)
- Experience with using various test equipment – Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer
- Self-motivated with excellent oral, written communication skills within a multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Active Security Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Experience supporting all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, product development, integration, test, technical documentation and review of complex systems.
- Skills in design, testing, integration and troubleshooting electronic circuits within embedded systems including digital, analog and radio frequency (RF) subsystems.
- Previous experience with microprocessors, FPGAs, VHDL, DDR and flash memories; I2C, SPI, RS232/422, USB and Ethernet interfaces.
- Intimate knowledge of specific FPGA families including Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC/RFSOC or Zynq 7000.
- Familiar with microcontroller/microprocessors including ST-Micro, Freescale (NXP) devices or similar.
- Experience with C/C++ language software development within an embedded system.
- Previous experience with Altium Designer, Allegro/OrCAD, KiCAD or similar Schematic/Layout tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.