Leidos is seeking a highly experienced Deputy Program Manager located in our Huntsville office, to help lead a large DoD program in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC).
The life cycle support includes activities necessary to define concepts, requirements, plan, manage, develop, sustain, modify, improve, test , train, field and retire systems and system computer resources in time frame necessary to meet customer needs.
The Deputy Program Manager will directly support the Program Manager in the overall program and administration support for the management, control and execution of individual technical directions. As well as support leading a team of over 500 personnel.
The successfully candidate will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager with overall Program performance. Candidate should be available to plan, direct, and control the overall management and operational functions. The individual will be responsible for removing impediments from their teams while promoting self-management and improving standards of work. The individual will manage multiple teams, as well as manage multiple technical directions and deliver outstanding products for multiple customers each under tight deadlines and constraints.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer, Electrical, and Environmental Engineering Aeronautical, Aerospace, Architectural, Astronautical, Civil, Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences, and Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics and all other engineering majors)
• 12+ years of related Program Management experience with DOD programs.
• Demonstrated experience with managing full life cycle programs, including systems engineering, software development, test, training, and field support.
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
• Demonstrated experience working with technical sponsor components to schedule outages, request hardware or software changes and report outages.
• Demonstrated experience supporting customer projects and experience working with competing priorities.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
• Must have an active Secret
• Certification in Project Management from a recognized credentialing agency
Related Program Management experience with U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command programs.
• Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.