The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Request Mgmt- Project Managers (Routine Requirements) at The Pentagon.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Primary Responsibilities for Routine Project Management:
• Process, track, and manage up to 18,000 routine requirements (13,000 are historically account creation/deletion/modification/management requests) per year from accepted award date through customer acceptance of the service or product.
• Evaluate requirements and make recommendations to customers from solutions listed in the service catalog.
• Process, manage, and track all projects from accepted award date through customer acceptance for the service or product.
• Ensure projects are recorded in a Government-approved tracking system (EITSM).
• Manage all projects in accordance with industry best practices as defined in the PMBOK using a government approved toolset (e.g., Microsoft Project).
• Publish, deliver and gain Government approval for a Project Plan document for each project approved for implementation by 844 CG.
• Provide the customer and COR project status summaries throughout the project life-cycle as defined in the PMBOK.
• Develop, manage, and provide to the COR an Integrated Master Schedule listing all open projects to include tracking milestones, costs, risks, and completion dates.
• Plan, schedule, and attend all meetings as required in the performance of duties, take notes, and generate meeting minutes.
• Coordinate with civil engineer’s initial design plans, procurement, and disposition of electronic equipment IAW applicable environmental energy efficiency guidelines.
• The PM will assess the need for additional project management staff for executing and managing additional projects above the baseline staffing requirement.
• Provide a tool or method to allow the customer to have real-time visibility to accurate status and progress of the requirement.
•Requires BS degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with min of 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
•Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
*Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
• Strong oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.