The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has an immediate need for a Jr. Windows System Administrator to support the development and validation environments hosting internal agency applications.
The candidate will provide support for infrastructure tasks and initiatives for Web Support and Application Support activities. This includes Infrastructure, System Administration, and Application troubleshooting roles supporting a wide range of technologies in development and validation environments that continue to grow and evolve rapidly with new products and techniques introduced regularly and changing priorities.
The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Experience with or ability to learn administering Windows Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2016 and greater).
- Experience with or ability to learn administering the Windows 10 Operating System.
- Experience configuring Windows NTFS and Share Permissions.
- Experience working with Windows Distributed File System.
- Experience monitoring system alerts and resolving software and hardware issues.
- Experience providing technical support and customer service directly to users.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience implementing Microsoft Windows patches and security controls.
- Experience with PowerShell, Command Shell commands, Robocopy.
- Experience with Active Directory: create/update user profiles and create groups.
- Experience restoring files using Backup Exec.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of related experience.
- Typical CSA1 education and experience qualifications.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.