Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an Project Manager role located in Austin, TX. The work is contingent at this time while we are awaiting award. The location could also be in Reston, VA.
The selected candidate will support initiatives involving the development, design, and optimization of one of more IT and systems functions supporting customer business processes and technical information system platforms. Responsible for status reports, customer relationship management, program reviews, and other program performance functions. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements.government system. Candidates should be familiar with either or both DoD and VA civil processes to obtain ATOs.
- Provide Project management support for various IO projects and subprojects. Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. Manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. Ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
- Provide project management and organize the activities and personnel associated with service delivery within an infrastructure support Operations and Management (O&M) environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the PM and team
- Manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Provide administrative, and operational management of assigned projects.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules for Government Task Managers
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time
- Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
- Respond to Data Calls to support contract requirements.
- Manage required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects
- Work with the customer to re-prioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs
- Work with the stakeholders to determine and document the appropriate level of Enterprise Project Life Cycle deliverables and milestones to ensure a successful outcome for each system
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Intermediate - Minimum TIL Practitioner
- US Citizen or Green Card holder per the contract requirements
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.