Leidos is seeking a Program Scheduler to join our Planning & Controls team working on the United States Antarctic Program. This position is based in Centennial, Colorado, and will support exciting large-scale projects for the three U.S. research stations in Antarctica and develop schedules for major recapitalization projects along with Project Managers. Integral to the project teams, the Scheduler/Planner will establish and maintain schedules to be part of the Integrated Master Schedule and Baseline.
Duties for the position include the following:
- Responsible for training the Planning & Controls team and Project team members on Primavera and scheduling techniques
- Create and manage schedules using Primavera P6 for large projects that could be compliant with EIA-748/GAO requirements if required.
- Develop baseline schedules and associated artifacts.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Conduct critical path and network analysis on schedules.
- Maintain vertical and horizontal traceability between supplemental schedules and integrated master schedule.
- Obtain weekly/monthly updates on schedules, including coordination with project managers and major subcontractors.
- Generate weekly schedule status reports for project managers, and other activity reports as required.
- Assist project managers with maintenance of project documentation.
- Manage schedules for major capital projects.
- May lead a small team in minor and major recapitalization projects.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and 12 years' relevant experience, or a Master's degree and 10 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Experience with Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project is required.
- Exposure or experience with Earned Value practices and techniques (EIA-748 or GAO)
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of financial planning/budget planning and tracking
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.