Leidos has a career opportunity for a Security Specialist in Honolulu, HI, providing specialized security administrative and operational support to PACAF A2 at PACAF Headquarters, JBPHH. This individual assists the PACAF A2S and PACAF SSO in maintaining proper access control and escort services for all PACAF SCIF areas on JBPHH. This position requires thorough knowledge and understanding of DoD/AF security practices and procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to support our nation’s Air Force Headquarters of the Pacific.
- Provide security technical support for complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization (CVID) efforts ensuring situational awareness for COMPACAF & senior staff.
- Provides security expertise and support to the PACAF classified CVID mission;
- Communicate with all team members across the line and in multiple areas.
- Manage accesses to the CVID program; insure appropriate security measures are in place for the program; and provide senior level officials with routine updates as it relates to the security of the program
- Provide expert advice and maintain advanced principles of security protocol.
- The contractor makes recommendations on PACAF SCIF and Access Control security policies. This contractor actually “manages and oversees” all the SCIF security systems and access controls for PACAF Headquarters on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. He/She is directly responsible for the 24/7 operations and functionality of these systems to include all the maintenance and supporting documentation associated with each system. He responds on a 24/7 hour basis to any security anomalies and alarms and must initiate required investigative actions to determine causes; take necessary corrective actions to resolve the immediate problem; assess lessons learned and then make recommended changes to equipment, policies, standard operating procedures. Upon identification of recurring systemic problems, the contractor would recommend long term solutions
- The contractor is responsible for deconfliction, coordination and collaboration of all stakeholders when it involves the access control and SCIF security. This includes individual and collective training in addition to the day-to-day operations.
- The contractor will be in support of the PACAF/A2S team and provide SCIF access control support for all PACAF SCIFS on JBPHH in support of CVID & contingency planning efforts. The contractor is part of the PACAF continuity of operations in times of crisis and/or emergency actions implementation when it comes to real world CVID scenerios. In real world/contingency operations the Security Specialist will institute pre-arraigned security protocols and accesses during the crisis
- The contractor will be responsible for assisting in the enforcement of access control requirements, in-processing personnel, providing education, and the update/management of internal records as well as monitor JPAS for visiting personnel.
These functions/tasks are an integral part of the overall SCIF Security and Access plan and program. The contractor is directly responsible for these tasks on a daily basis.
- The contractor will coordinate escorts as necessary, conduct regular security audits & inspections during contracted projects, assist with the maintenance & testing of alarms, cameras, & access control systems. Also tasks that are an integral part of the contractors daily responsibilities to maintain an effective security program.
- The contractor will have the authority to deny/grant access to SCIF areas (for all and any personnel regardless of position/rank); The contractor will have authority to investigate and determine causes of security failures; and, the contractor will have authority implement immediate security procedures when needed to protect the SCIF areas and information within the SCIFs
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- 8+ years of experience in DoD related security activities and familiarity with the military environment
- Bachelor's degree or additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong background in executing security responsibilities
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Advanced degree in a security related field
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.