This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work in a Government IC environment. This role performs project management tasks to coordinate and prioritize user stories for implementation by team members. This role provides Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics generation and analysis in order to track overall efficiency of software delivery across team. This role facilitates horizontal communication across team member to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed. Key directing a development team with development background and is able to provide key technical feedback.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Plan and execute the program increment (PI) in a Scaled Agile framework
- Forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration,
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospective meetings
- Establishing and clarify goals and the actions to achieve them.
- Collect metrics and coordinate with Release Train Engineer
- Supervise cross functional team of system engineers, developers and testers.
- Track and remove impediments from the Scrum team
- Support development of customer briefings and demos
- Arrange daily standup meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule demos
- Support product owners in the development of backlogs, support review of acceptance criteria and ensure features are understandable by the team
- Work with other scrum masters to coordinate tasks
- Ensure project status is updated in Jira and Confluence
- IT network and infrastructure technical knowledge.
- Able to integrate into the development teams and functional able to facilitate requirements.
- Ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interfacing with Product Delivery Owners on requirements and deliverables.
- Understands software architectures
- Supervise Scrum teams
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, such as Safe, Scrum, Kanban
- In-depth experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- In-depth experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for team management to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- In-depth experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Must have a Systems Engineering or Technical background
- Demonstrable experience of Scrum Management
- Candidate must have BS degree with and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters 10-13 with years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Poly.
- Safe Agilist Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.