Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Account Management Services, Cybersecurity, Cloud technologies and other IT services. We need you to participate in fostering a DevOps culture, and building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the ESA IV engineering team and the primary work location in Washington, DC. Excellent hands-on knowledge of Windows enterprise management technologies is required for this position.
You will work closely with the chief engineer, systems and software engineers on the following key tasks:
- Provide systems engineering in the design, development, and integration testing of the customer’s server infrastructure with IPV6
- Experienced with IPV6 migrations, and server environments that run on dual stack (IPV4 and IPV6)
- Manage IPAM, DNS and DHCP Server deployment
- Deploy, operate and maintain systems supporting DNS, DHCP as well as maintain the IP address management (IPAM) for both IPV4 and IPV6 networks environments
- Research for IPAM management tools
- Build, install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Server operating system
- Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
- Good understanding of Active Directory based systems, and be able to manage and maintain them
- Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory services
- Demonstrated understanding of DNS, Certificate Authority, Certificate Management
- Authentication Services – ADFS, SAML, SSO
- Good understanding of SCCM and SCOM, and be able to manage and maintain it even in times of no connectivity
- Maintain the deployment Windows Operating System environment according to the systems engineering specifications and baseline configuration at given points in time
- Orchestrate staging and production deployment in a Windows based environment
- Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the systems
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized and cloud environments
- Install, configure and manage a windows based certificate authority sever
- Install, configure and maintain group management policies including role based management
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software
- Understanding of NIST, DISA security controls, security hardening.
- Validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate directory storage space
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Day-to-day collaboration with engineering teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 12+ years in systems engineering or administration (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree); additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with IP Address management tools such as Infoblox, OpManager, Solarwinds
- Experience orchestrating workflows to execute at predefined times, including workflows that have data dependencies
- Proficiency in DevOps tools; scripting
- 6 years of experience with Windows Server OS
- 4 year’s experience providing Tier II & III Windows
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- CompTIA Security+
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Experience establishing large computer clusters- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources
- Experience in cloud based technologies AZURE, AWS. Integrating windows services (AD, ADFS) in a cloud architecture
- Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
- 2 years of patching servers, backups, permission management
- 4 years of experience in an operations role
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.