The Airborne ISR group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Subcontract Manager in our Bridgewater, VA office.
- The Technical Sub Contract Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of Subcontractor Quality Control to ensure inspections, maintenance, fabrication, repair work and aircraft modifications are compliant with AS9100 requirements, OEM specifications, maintenance manual, Part 145 repair station and applicable back shop and military service regulations.
- Possesses final authority in subcontractor inspection and aircraft release (to service) through validation of subcontractor performance/compliance in airframe, engines, propellers, appliances and component part repair, installation and modification.
- Act as primary DCMA interface for coordination and sign off of Safety of Flight inspections/hold points.
- Directs, plans and ensures details of inspection standards, methods, and procedures uses by the repair station in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer's specifications and recommendations.
- Assist, supervise and direct subcontract quality control practices.
- Assure that inspections are properly performed on completed work and that proper inspection records, reports, and forms used by the repair station are completed and executed prior to releasing the product for return to service.
- Assure that periodic checks are made on all inspection tools and the calibration of precision equipment used by the repair station and technicians who keep their own precision equipment.
- Assure that current records of inspections and tests are maintained and objective evidence is documented to IAW AS9100 requirements.
- Determine that no defective, unserviceable or unairworthy parts are installed in any component or article released by the repair station.
- Ensure submission of reports of defects or unairworthy condition in accordance with 14CFR 145.2221.7; verify proper execution of maintenance release and /or FAA Form 337 when required.
- Validate final acceptance of all incoming material, including new parts, supplies, and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside the repair station.
- Ensure the preliminary, hidden damage, in-progress, and final inspections of all articles maintained by the repair station and the recording of results of such inspections.
- Ensure the proper tagging and identification of all parts and components.
- Ensure that unairworthy parts are segregated/quarantined in such a way as to prevent their reuse as serviceable parts.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Part 145 Repair Station Maintenance or equivalent military line and supervisory maintenance experience..
- Service Regulations and Procedures (GFOPs, DCMA 8210, AR95-1).
- Maintenance Manuals and OEM Specifications.
- Routine and non-routine repair; heavy maintenance and overhaul.
- Back Shop Fabrication and Production
- Composites, Alodine, Paint, Welding, etc.
- Aircraft record keeping and Logbooks.
- Power on checks and Return to Service.
- Weight and Balance.
- Work Order Process; Engineering deviations and redlines.
- Government Owen Aircraft; DCMA Oversight and Interface.
- A&P License.
- 10 + years of Subcontract Manager experience at a Part 145 Repair Station.
- Technical Inspector certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.