Conduct classroom theory & operations and validation cyber training to Army warfighters. The primary focus of the training will be on new Cyber Command concepts and posture to support new cyber trained personnel arriving into the Corps / Divisions. The classes will include: Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)/ CISSP / Intrusion Detection / Hacker Techniques / Basic Forensics / Advanced Forensics. Provide guidance to supporting commands and coordinates with internal and external organizations to ensure completeness of training product. Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned. Will support CompTIA certification training to include Security+, A+ and Network+.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
- Adapt training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features and prepares participants for dual certification (commercial and military).
- Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
- Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
- Support training schedules for military units and Government agencies in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and or during field missions by way of Mobile Training Teams (MTT).
- Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
- Provides certification training and testing.
- Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
- Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
- Coordinate with Government customers to ensure team schedules are managed and disseminated as appropriate.
- Works closely with the customer to design specific system requirements and content.
- Proactively collaborate with technical experts to develop solutions to technical problems.
- Keep abreast of system upgrades and industry-related current events in order to provide solid recommendations to enhance the existing training program.
- Mentor other instructors by providing internal instructor training and oversee teach-backs. Prepare technical expertise development plan for all instructors.
- Ensure classrooms and training equipment are prepared in advance of all classes and all equipment is properly disassembled/stored.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree. 4 or more years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirement.
- 4 or more years’ prior experience
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required
- Must have classroom instructor experience or experience with military training.
- Must have a combination of any of the following certifications: CISSP / CEH/ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) / CompTIA Security + / CCNA Security / CompTIA Project+/ CompTIA Linux+/ CompTIA Network+/ ITIL /.
- Familiar with and ability to teach Advanced Networking, Network security, and DOD 8570 material.
- Military instructor experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.