The NISC III Training Group is looking for a Systems Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Office of Safety and Technical Training (AJI). The position will provide management, monitoring, testing, and reporting support for the Tower Simulation System Tabletop program at the FAA Academy.
Provides technical support for the implementation, testing, and training to enable introduction of a prototype 'table-top' simulation capability to support basic air traffic control training at the FAA academy.
- Supports system development and acquisition in the iterative systems engineering process.
- Coordinates with industry to ensure continuous availability of simulation assets in the National Aerospace System (NAS).
- Identifies and deploys emerging technologies to enhance the availability, accessibility, and effectiveness of technology training solutions including remote capabilities and mobile technology.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-9 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have experience in applying systems engineering principles to the installation, management, monitoring, and testing of simulation systems, and experience in preparing and presenting briefings to management and tower facility personnel.
- Experience in simulation systems, especially Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower Simulation Systems (TSS) and air traffic control is highly desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.