As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex law enforcement IT system for a number of US federal agencies. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. This particular role would be serving a federal law enforcement agency in Clarksburg, WV.
- Manage work streams leveraging Agile processes, and partner with clients, Product Owners, and project teams to ensure on-time, and on-budget, quality delivery
- Oversee, create and maintain the development schedule
- Report status of team assignments and progress
- Utilize GitLab to capture tasks and report progress
- Manage GitLab database to ensure correct non-redundant data and reporting functionality
- Host and facilitate regular meetings such as: scrum, sprint demo, retrospective and design meetings
- Work alongside Product Owners to refine the product backlog and forecast sprint iterations
- Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools
- Assign development tasks, version allocations, and priorities
- Track progress through backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, etc.
- Drive continual improvement and innovation in the platform and application development process
- Provide technical interpretation, assignment, and prioritization of all issues
- Support complete and accurate technical system documentation and specifications across the project lifecycles
- Provide technical knowledge in support of customer and partner communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4-8 years of experience leading Agile development teams with demonstrated Scrum Master roles
- Scrum Master certification (e.g. CSM, PSM, and SSM)
- Experience implementing best development practices and standards, and mentoring/teaching junior practitioners
- Experience supporting the entire life cycle and facilitate software product releases
- Ability to think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to develop creative solutions
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Strong communication skills
- US Citizenship
- An active Top Secret Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Experience with software product development
- SAFe certification(s)
- Expertise in transforming and building end-to-end environments using DevOps to integrate, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate multiple systems
- Extensive experience leading teams in an Agile environment, identifying and converting requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria, and effectively communicating between project teams, Product Owners, and stakeholders
- Comfortable working across business and IT domains, and possess the ability to shift between technical analysis and business value discussions
- Willingness to keep program abreast of trends in the GIS, software development, defense/ intelligence industries, and competing products and vendors
- Software development tools: JIRA, Confluence,
- Languages/frameworks: JAVA
- Source control tools: GIT, Subversion
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.