As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex law enforcement IT system for a number of US federal agencies. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. This particular role would be serving a federal law enforcement agency in Clarksburg, WV.
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile Scrum process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using Java. An individual in this role is also expected to perform automated testing and unit testing, while performing automated deployments of software modules using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Have recent experience with developing software code in Java and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering task
- Knowledge/experience in leading a team of diverse engineers and support staff in maintaining current Test and Development environments
- Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
- Participate in the development of documentation
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle
- Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Develop and execute project plans. Leverage GitLab or Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- US Citizenship is required.
- An active Top Secret clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Spring MVC.
- Certified in AWS.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Certified in SAFe.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.