If you are ready to move beyond your entry level position and build a career with our growing and dynamic team we want to meet with you! Your desire to grow your experience will be met with a position that will elevate skills and experiences to support software solutions and services. We offer sign-on bonus and relocation assistance.
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
Personnel in an information assurance management role are responsible for the information assurance (IA) program of an Information System (IS) or major mission application within the Network Environment (NE). Incumbents in these positions perform a variety of security related tasks, including the development and implementation of system information security standards and procedures. They ensure that IS are functional and secure within the Network Environment (NE). Personnel performing senior technical work in this category focus on the enclave environment and support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software Information Assurance (IA) problems pertaining to the Computing Environment (CE), Network Environments (NE), and enclave environment. Tracks and analyze Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) reports. Identifies, downloads, analyzes, tests, and implements Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for system components and capabilities. Supports operation and maintenance of the Development Software Support Environment (DSSE). Supports and maintains Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements. Supports the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for cybersecurity using applicable tools. Updates and maintains the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and other required security documentation. Collects data from a variety of Computer Network Defense (CND) tools (including data from approved information assurance (IA) tools to include intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and host system logs) to analyze events that occur within their environment and analyzes data for compliance with relevant non-technical controls, such as physical security and configuration management, to perform an audit function for the Agent of the Certification Authority (ACA) or other government Information Assurance (IA) Manager for mitigation of risks and reporting to include report generation for certification and accreditation packages or Certification of Networthiness efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other technical discipline with an Information Security or Cybersecurity concentration.
- Must be Information Assurance (IA) Trained and Certified per the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement; IAW DoD 8570.1-M, Change 2.
- IA Technical and Computing Environment (CE) certifications; IA trained and certified per the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) 252.239-7001, Information Assurance Contractor Training and Certification; IAW DoD 8570.1-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Change 2 and Army Regulation (AR) 25-2, Information Assurance.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience, appropriate Information Assurance Technical (IA) Technical and Computing Environment (CE) certifications, and qualified to perform in Information Assurance Technical Level II or Computer Network Defense - Auditor (CND-AU) positions in accordance with standards spelled out in DoD 8570.01-M and the Army Information Assurance (IA) Training and Certification Best Business Practice, corrected 6 Aug 2010.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience can substitute for the degree provided the person has BOTH the relevant experience AND is fully Information Assurance (IA) certified in accordance with AR 25-2, Information Assurance, and the associated best business practice for IA Training and certification (IA Training BBP).
- Advanced Degree with concentration in Information Security or Cyber Security preferred.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.