Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Industrial Security Specialist to support our customer in Springfield, VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance and willingness to agree to obtain a POLY upon request is REQUIRED. Qualified candidates would need to possess a broad knowledge of security practices with emphasis in access control management, physical and/or industrial security. Experience are broad based, crossing multiple markets (e.g., government, industry) and may also include relevant and associated certifications and knowledge of applicable tools, methodologies, or best practices. Works independently and leads other specialists in physical, industrial and access management/controls. Must obtain DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification IAW DoD Manual # 3305.13M within one (1) year of service start date.
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Be the primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the Industrial and Physical Security Programs of NGA
- Functions in a senior roles to help manage the administrative and technical requirements necessary to efficiently support mission requirements and the personnel performing duties for access control management, physical and/or industrial security
- Ensures individuals and teams provide timely security support, and effort, to Industrial and Physical Security Division’s internal and external tasking’s, projects, and programs, to include Physical, Industrial, and Access Control (Security Management System and Department of Defense Common Access Card)
- Shall ensure individuals and teams will provide timely security support and effort to government personnel when acting on behalf of the Chief, Industrial and Physical Security Division
- Ensure that all NGA and contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area
- Ensure assigned security projects and programs comply with required security governance for physical, industrial, information, and other applicable security disciplines, e.g., IC Directives; DOD directives, instructions and manuals; security standards, national interim guidance, and Executive Orders governing physical, industrial and information security
- Examples include but are not limited to: ICD-705 Tech Spec, National Industrial Security Program Manual, DoD Information Security and SCI policies and regulations, and Committee on National Security Systems publications, and provide general guidance of TEMPEST concepts and requirements
- Coordinate with other SIS office and divisions (SISP, SISG, Policy, Classification Management, etc.) Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers
- Provide agency level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security
- Use as directed administration and security electronic software tools, databases and systems to sustain and advance the Industrial and Physical Security Programs of NGA
- Maintain an active access to administration and security electronic software tools, databases and systems as needed to safeguarding classified information, NGA programs and advance the Industrial and Physical Security Programs of NGA. Contractor may be required to be office custodians for access to related security and associated databases, networks and applications as needed to fulfill the mission of the Industrial and Physical Security Division
- This includes data entry for office operations
- Update and maintain records, i.e., accreditation packages, approvals, (e.g., database and hardcopy), current and accurate Co-Utilization and Joint-Utilization agreements, collateral area files, status remarks, expirations, inspections, assistance visits, DD Form 254, etc.
- Manage and maintain data entries into community databases, e.g. IC SCIF database, NGA’s PeopleSoft database, and locally created database used to track work efforts. Maintain complete, current, and accurate records in accordance with agency policy and federal laws. Maintain well organized electronic and hardcopy records
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field
- Years of experience:
- 11 years includes >6 years within DoD/IC and
- Must have the ability to travel
- DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.