The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
The selected candidate will assist SSA with providing Desktop support. The candidate should be able to work with technical oversight during training while transitioning to working without technical oversight. The candidate will provide user support for Government supplied desktop and user’s issues. Should also resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems and manages the installation and integration of system patches, updates and enhancements. Experience with imaging, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting government workstations, laptops, servers and blackberries. Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop and network printers. Ability to administer and troubleshoot SharePoint sites.
High School Diploma and 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in the installation of hardware and software on workstations and laptops.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software interface and interoperability problems relating to system patches, updates and enhancements on workstations and laptops.
- Experience with imaging, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting government workstations, laptops, and iPhones.
- Experience lifting, moving, and setting up workstations.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot workstations and laptops.
- Experience with maintaining meeting room equipment, such as projectors, televisions and teleconference equipment.
- Experience with using a problem incident ticketing system.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience or ability to learn using tools such as Active Directory (AD).
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Windows Operating Systems and various software packages, including Microsoft tools and Adobe
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working on government sites with the ability to learn government processes and procedures.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.