The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team. The Contractor will support the Infrastructure Engineering Center, AJW-2E15J, in reviewing projects being designed and implemented by the Power Services Group Battery Program Office as part of the Eastern Service Area (ESA) implementation. The projects will range over the geographic area of the ESA. The Contractor must ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
The candidate must provide the Infrastructure Engineering Center assistance in pulling/distributing applicable existing Project Wise (PW) drawings requested by Battery Program Office (BPO) NISC team to support planning of new projects. The candidate will review Project Engineering Packages (PEP) produced by the battery program office (BPO) NISC team, including but not limited to drawings, specifications, and regular associated progress reports. Contractor will provide up to date project documents whenever requested by the government for review and comment. The candidate will submit completed battery project drawings to drafting, track ESA battery project completions and coordinate current backlog requirements with program office personnel and participate in on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports.
The candidate will coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team, review drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction and review site specific specifications and documentation for FAA approval, such as engineering packages.
The candidate will produce when required: safety plans, sequence of work, and cutover plans for approval by the FAA, participate in meetings with stakeholders to coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and projects, provide project implementation schedule updates, participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities and prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
The candidate will also generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans and the project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements. The candidate will review Work Permits prepared by the BPO contractor required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction to be issue by the FAA. The candidate will participate in installation, on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities. Review contractor design and construction submittals, track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions, keep track of drawing package and report progress on monthly, review/resolve battery project technical issues, and review project work plans and packages and provide verbal and written communication to the findings.
Usually requires BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have an Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited College/University.
- At least three years of experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems.
- Power system analysis: Must have experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools. Must be able to conduct and interpret power studies.
- Computer Applications: Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD): Must be proficient in AUTOCAD and MICROSTATION.
- Communications: Must be able to effectively communicate in the written and verbal form. Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Must have ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Must have ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Planning: Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis. Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Provides organized documentation.
- Must have a basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Must have ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.