• Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process
• Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
• Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers
• Critical thinking skills are required
• Knowledge of national security classification procedures is required as well as language associated with CT reporting and cable writing.
• Strong editorial and grammar skills
• Knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
• Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hard copy or electronic formats
• Familiarity with Web content management
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
• Experience working with Adobe InDesign is desired
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required
This is a Senior level position. In order to qualify as a Senior candidates must have a High school diploma + 14 years of job specific experience, OR an Associates degree + 12 years of job specific experience; OR a Bachelor's degree + 8 years of job specific experience; OR a Masters degree + 7 years of job specific experience; OR a Doctorate + 6 years of job specific experience.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or similar field
The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Intelligence Publications Officer will be expected to work in a team environment.
The Intelligence Publications Officer may perform the following tasks:
Review and edit products to align with Style Guide standards Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
Provide archiving support
Track production, document and ensure workflow through the production process
Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved. Produce, deliver, and archive finished intelligence publications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.