Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager in Houston, Texas. The purpose/function of this position is to provide project management and oversight to technical teams to support flight hardware development in support of NASA JSC Programs, such as International Space Station, Orion, Gateway, xEMU. This position will lead one or more projects through the design life cycle including requirements development and verification, hardware design, development and testing; project reviews, safety review support, product reviews and approvals. Typical job functions will include project planning, defining and maintaining project schedules, leading reviews, reviewing drawings, requirements and verifications; reviewing trade studies and assessing design, assessments of hardware options, statusing functions to both contractor management and the NASA customer. This position will be required to perform integration of the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis. The position will require the ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks. Present findings, reports and status routinely.
Management of multi-discipline engineering teams focused on the development of specific hardware solutions for various NASA Programs. Responsibilities include management of cost, schedule and technical, development of near-term and long-term cost profiles, identification and mitigation of technological and programmatic risks, people management of key contributors to the development process, communication within the team, with support organizations and key stakeholders and with the contract and NASA customer(s). Responsible for developing and presenting project management artifacts at programmatic meeting and technical interchange meetings. All potential projects are high visibility efforts within the manned space flight community, bi-directional communication is critical to the success of any of these efforts.
- BS degree in Engineering or in a related field with 6-10 years experience and 3-5 years of project management experience with a strong working knowledge of hardware development;
- Proven experience managing project personnel;
- Ability to develop and manage a project schedule;
- Cost account management experience and reporting;
- Experience in project planning;
- Capable of identifying risks and issues, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions;
- Experience in procurement of parts;
- Experience with NASA systems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill including presenting information to customers;
- Understanding of configuration management and document processes;
- Capable of identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Previous working experience with NASA or a NASA contractor
- Previous experience with Human Systems Engineering/Integration to support human centric design effort
- Experience with technical management of subcontracts, initiation to completion
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.